Monday, March 03, 2008

I have now deemed tea tree oil ineffective...

at least for treating the flu, it is! Or at least it was for me.
Actually, this is Cheyenne, Karen's daughter. I am posting for her, after just getting off the telephone with her. These are her words, possibly embellished upon, but I get that embellishing gift from her anyways...

Ahem.

So. The Tea tree oil didn't work. I have been down with the flu for the past few days. Sick sick sick! Jed had it at the same time as me, then it went through everyone else. *except Cheyenne because she is just that cool*
Anyways, it was misery. Took off AWANA tonight, keeping the kids quarantined at home. No catching, no carrying here. Then tonight, when I am finally feeling better, I have a horrific allergic reaction to something in our home. Probably because of all of the construction and such going on. Something did not agree with me. I would have died if Dan hadn't gotten me to the hospital in time. I could not breathe, and my eyes were swelled shut. It was frightening. Right now my face is still so swelled up, I look like Herman Munster *her words exactly*! Ugh. It is horrible. Dan was very scared too. Running red lights to get to the ER in time. The doctors said my lungs were the worst part. It must have been something I breathed in. Now to find out what that was and stay far far away from it! Keep my and my family in your prayers so this doesn't reoccur. Quite the adventure of the night. And one I could have done without. God wiling, it won't happen again. I can't wait for all of this to be done. :)
~Karen

5 comments:

Glenda T. said...

holy moly, I'm glad you're feeling better!! Also, I'm such a spaz that I changed my blog name not realizing it changed the url so this is the new link:
http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/
as the other one you have listed won't work now. That will teach me to do some research before I start changing things free willy nilly! I've had to go all over the place and correct it! ha ha

De said...

Praying for you all. Hope everyone gets better and no more reactions.

Rachel said...

My mom and I are sure glad you made I through. We are thankful you are still alive. We will be praying for you. Let us know if we can help with anything.

🌈🌈🌈 said...

You poor girl Karen!!
{{BIG SQUEEZES}} from the girlz!!

Glenda T. said...

yo yo yo, girly-o!! Guess what I'm sending your way tomorrow? Check it out:

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=77135&user_id=3300

I hope you like it!!