Saturday, November 06, 2010

Today is a Day that the Lord hath made

I must rejoice and be glad in it. It can be hard at times to make yourself to be a humble and joyous person when you really want to scream out injustice. Well, injustice would be an over statement... it wasn't really that bad. We had a beautiful day here on the farm, and I could have spent it getting things done but instead I went over 100 miles to drive to a photoshoot with Invierno.

We left messages before leaving to inform the customer that we were coming and after 1 1/2 hours of waiting for the person and leaving messages for her, she finally texted. She found out that she had to work, and that she would be done at 7pm. Obviously there is NO light at 7pm, and we surely were not waiting in a far off land for 4 hours when the shoot was scheduled at 3pm. Seriously, can't people cancel ahead of time? Even if she called 5 minutes before we left, we could have spared this gorgeous day of now waste.

We wasted not only the day but gas money and food money by needing to eat before our trek back home. When we ate, I prayed. Please Lord, make me humble and when things like this happen, make me like you and forgiving. Not just forgiving but also loving when all I really feel humanly is to vent at the persons.

God gave me the answer..... blogspot - - - now on to being loving.


An Undivided Heart

We become more like Christ on the inside…when we want God to be glorified in every aspect of our lives, instead of compartmentalizing our faith.

Multimedia Collage by Gillian Ross

An Undivided Heart

Whatever our lives look like from the outside, God looks on our hearts. Herein is determined our purity - or lack of it! So the 'heart' (in the painting) represents our hearts - our mind, will, emotions - the very 'fabric' of our lives, in all its multi-layered, multi-textured compartments. It is this heart that God longs to make pure, clean, undivided. This happens first through the 'washing by the blood' of Christ, signified here by the deep red, washing through every area of life, and continues throughout our lives as Christians as we are sanctified. As we allow God into each area of our lives, the compartments become less distinct, and our hearts become more unified. The gold signifies the purification process, which is God's work… impurities are purged through the Refiner's fire. As our hearts are transformed like this we can draw closer to Him: One day we will see Him as he is, and we do see Him now at work in our lives. The natural result of 'seeing God' is to worship Him - hence the figure in white in a posture of praise to God.

"Teach me your ways O Lord,
And I will walk in your path.
Give me an undivided heart,
And I will fear your name.
I will praise you,
O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
"
Psalm 86:11-1


Gillian Ross

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Blog, thanks for mention. Cheap Mac Software