and it is only Monday!
Well Ella has been having high fevers for 8 days now. Remember me thinking it was the organic wild rice. Well.... the fever has stayed at 105 steady and only regulated every 4 hrs with Tylenol or Motrin. We took her in last Wed because of the high fevers. She had this is Nov and Dec too. The doctor diagnosed her with an ear infection. Those meds didn't work and he prescribed her more. She finally was over the fevers and seemed fine. This time, last Wed, same story. Went in, got meds for an ear infection. Her fever stuck around. I swore that she had something else that the meds just didn't get. Hand, foot, mouth was what we thought it was. I said, if it is that we just have to treat these fevers. Well by Sat night and her still having a high 105 fever I knew I was going back to the doctors again. I wanted to wait until today so I could see a real pediatrician. Last night she awoke with a 105.7!!!!!!!! fever. I freaked so much. I sat up with her praying and rocking her. At 8 am I this morning I made the appointment. I had to wait until 2:20. Errrrrr... wait wait wait. I went in. She told me that it could be some sort of virus. I asked for everything. Blood work etc I told her about Jed and his ordeal and said I want the complete work up. Blood work came back. All levels were elevated and not normal showing that it was not viral. We went down for x-rays. While there the doctor looked at Ella and just in that couple of hrs she was lethargic and purple eyed. The doctor had to console me. I was seriously having flash backs. The x-rays showed something on the right side of the lungs. The doctor said she hoped it was pneumonia and gave her some shots of heavy duty medicine. She will call tomorrow or Wed with the complete write up of labs and x-rays. It feels like we live in the North Pole with no technology. I want to know things now. I pray it is just pneumonia. Please be thinking of Ella if you can. Thanks!