Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Watch your kids!

Yesterday I woke up feeling a bit sick. It really hit at 9:30 am and I was down all day on the couch. I slept from then on until 8:00 pm. At 8:00pm when the kids were going off to bed I heard this story from my husband & kids. It made me sick! I am a MOTHER and should NEVER have been sick! I vow to never get sick again. The kids need me.
The story goes: While I was sick Dan had the kids playing outside while he cleaned our van. The kids were all in our small front yard and sometimes went to our fenced in back yard to fill the squirt guns. It was a hot day. Cheyenne thinks it was close to 90 degrees. God must have had his angels watching my 4 year old Jed. He also must have placed Gabby at the right place at the right time to save his life. Gabby said she went to the back yard to fill her water gun and she heard "racket" coming from the wood shed. The wood shed that has 2 doors and when you close it you can lock it by turning the metal latch. We have our bikes and lawn mower in it. There is NO ventilation and no light what so ever when it is closed. Gabby went to it and heard Jed screaming for "somebody" and "Daddy". When she opened the door Jed was covered in sweat. How long was he in there? This little boy does not even play hide and seek because he is afraid of anything dark. He was terrified! When he came out he told them that Oswald (the neighbor boy)came into our backyard and locked Jed in the shed. Oswald didn't know how to unlock it but didn't tell anyone and he went off to play. I thank God that Gabby heard her brother! I thank God that my boy did not pass out from the heat or worse. Bad things can happen in mere minutes in heat. Bad things can happen in mere minutes in the cold. I will NEVER let my babies out of my sight again!

2 comments:

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Oh sweetie. We have a shed just like that with a padlock so I'll be sure to watch the kids around it. Things like this really make you count your blessings. I hope you are feeling better and that you are able to take care of you!

Sofia said...

That's scary! I'm so glad that things turned out well.